THE BODY TEMPLE INSTITUTE

OF WHOLISTIC HEALTH AND HERBAL STUDIES

How to Make Long Lasting Organic Deodorant

Deodorant Recipe

Ingredients:

6-8 Tbsp Coconut oil (solid state)
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch (arrowroot is preferred)

Directions:

Combine equal portions of baking soda & arrowroot powder.

Slowly add coconut oil and work it in with a spoon or hand blender until it maintains a firm but pliable texture. It should be about the same texture as commercial deodorant, solid but able to be applied easily. If it is too wet, add further arrowroot powder/cornstarch to thicken.

You can either scoop this recipe into your old deodorant dispensers or place in a small container with lid and apply with fingers with each use. Makes about 1 cup. This recipe lasts about 3 months for two people with regular daily use.

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely will try this. Medase for the recipe.

I really like this idea. Meda ase.

I used this for the first time today.  With triple digit temps, and after scenting with essential oils, it's a recipe to keep.  I don't think coconut oil stains which is another plus.  Meda ase!

i make mine out of shea butter but will give this a try. i use bakeing soda, shea butter that is not yellow( yellow means there is palm oil in it), arrowroot, body oil for sent, and vitamine e oil and vegi glycirine

That's what's up Anatasha and Bobo De'Vaughn! Glad to know yall are experimenting with natural recipes. If we  seek to be Self-Sufficient (which we do) then we will have to do everything for ourselves! 

I would highly recommend this recipe. I have tried it, and I was pleased with the results.

Meda ase for sharing.

Was just thinking about making my own deodorant and soap.  glad I ran across this recipe! Asante sana for sharing! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

HELP SUPPORT THE BODY

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by THE BODY TEMPLE INSTITUTE.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service