THE BODY TEMPLE INSTITUTE

OF WHOLISTIC HEALTH AND HERBAL STUDIES

Mikyia mo (Greetings),

Above are two depictions of the Obosom (Deity) Ausar. Ausar is called Awusi in Akan culture and Obatala (Oosaala) in Yoruba culture.

He is depicted with green skin or black skin. As an Obosom of regeneration, rebirth and renewal (resurrection) He has green skin. As an Obosom of vested Ancestral power and jurisdiction over the Ancestral realm, He has black skin.

We are familiar with green foods being referred to as superfoods. The same is true of black foods. This has always been true in our culture. Different foods of different colors are catalogued according to the energy of the Obosom/Orisha/Vodou (Deity) Who govern them. Such foods are given as offerings to the Obosom/Orisha/Vodou but are also eaten by the community.

Just as we incorporate green foods into our diets, we should also incorporate black foods. While it is a recent trend in 'alternative health' news to talk about black superfoods, this is something that our Nsamanfo (Ancestresses and Ancestors) have been urging us to embrace for decades. Here is a partial list of black foods:

Black sesame seeds: More flavorful and richer in nutrients than their white counterparts, black sesame seeds make an ideal coating on salmon and other fish.

Black beans: These dark, dense beans contain more antioxidants (including anthocyanins) than any other bean. No surprise, white beans contain the least amount. Also look for black lentils and black chickpeas. Add to chili, soups, and salads.

Black rice: This whole-grain rice contains more fiber and nutrients compared to white rice. Some varieties look purple when cooked.

Black quinoa: This ancient grain of the Andes has become a huge trend, but most varieties you can find are white. Check out nutty-flavored black quinoa, which is darkened by anthocyanins. Once cooked, it loses some of its dramatic dark color, but you’ll still reap the nutrition benefits.

Black soybeans: High in protein, fiber and anthocyanins, black soybeans may be better at lowering cholesterol levels than yellow soybeans, according to Japanese researchers.

Black vinegar: Available in Asian markets, this dark vinegar is typically made from brown rice. Similar to balsamic, but the aging gives it a woodsy and smoky flavor.

Blackberries: These deeply hued berries are higher in antioxidants than any other fruit.

Black olives: Packed with “good” fats and vitamin E, naturally black olives get their color from anthocyanins. 

Odwirafo

Views: 1065

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol yea they do! ill have to look for those markets the only markets that's around me is the Asian market (always a bad vibe and always getting watched when i go) they have fruit that safeway (or lucky's) don't have like jack fruit and some others i haven't herd of. be nice if i can organize a black food market (and import food from the homeland)

THE BODY TEMPLE INSTITUTE said:

aaah whole foods sucks rocks anyway!! :o) 

In Cincy where I live WF has fresh olives floating in oil - how about a mediteranian store in your area ?

MEDA ASE TO BOTH BABA ODWIRAFO & DR. YOUNG FOR THIS EXCELLENT INFORMATION!
I will implement more BLACK POWER now!  Our CommUnity is so honored & fortunate to have you amongst us.

Me nso, me ho ye..

Kentake Malopenza said:

Maadwo me nua Odwirafo,

Megye wo so. Me ho yE paa ooo, na wo nso e?

Odwirafo said:

Mikyia wo Kentake,

Yenni aseda...wo ho te sen?

Mikyia wo Sista Njideka,

Yenni aseda..the feeling is mutual..keep up the good work..

Odwirafo

Sista Njideka said:

MEDA ASE TO BOTH BABA ODWIRAFO & DR. YOUNG FOR THIS EXCELLENT INFORMATION!
I will implement more BLACK POWER now!  Our CommUnity is so honored & fortunate to have you amongst us.

Mikyia mo,

We should add that Awusi/Ausar in Kamit is called Kam Ur - The Great Black One. His Black skin is not only a reference to Ancestral power, but is representative of the Black Nation, our melanin-dominant skin as Black People - Afurakanu/Afuraitkaitnut (Africans) wherever we are in the world.

Odwirafo

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt Post...I have always wondered why Ausar was always shown in different colours. Now I know and It makes perfect that these foods are termed super foods. It is also interesting that Quinoa is known as food of the Gods because it is indeed. I must share this....Htp Htp Htp!!!

Thanks for the information always looking to improve my families diet  and health this lets me know I am on the right path.

Meda ase for this information I will try the black quinoa.

Excellent Information.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by THE BODY TEMPLE INSTITUTE.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service